Now I found a Phantasy Star Online 2 trailer:
According to andriasang's blog:
As reported at 4Gamer, the video Sega showed at the event had a bunch of phrases that may provide some hints about the game’s background.
First, what appears to be the overarching story:
The ship fleet Oracle (written in Japanese, “オラクル”) which travels the endless stars. A new adventure that awaits on the countless planets. Invasion of the malice that covers the universe. The name of the people who face off against them is Arcs (in Japanese, “アークス”). Will the universe be saved, or will it be swallowed up? It’s in the hands of the hero (you).
The above is just a super quick translation of 4Gamer’s summary. 4Gamer said that it might have made some errors in its transcript.
The video also mentioned a few key words and phrases:
Is there adventure in today’s RPGs?
Always, to a new field. Random field.
Hybrid Custom Action
It gives you a foreboding feeling — seamless weather.
Something will happen every time!? Interrupt event
Aiming for “Endless Advneture.”
The adventure without end, once again.
Phantasy Star series producer Satoshi Sakai took the stage at the event and said that the staff is aiming to give players the feeling of adventure that has been lost in today’s RPGs. He described the game as “a brand new title” and said that he hopes the game will be enjoyed by series fans, online gamers and even players who have yet to get into online games.
Further details on the game will be released ahead of the alpha test, which kicks off this summer.
Here is the trailer:
Now there are lots of people that rumoured that either “Mario and Sonic 3” (it's codename) was a party game or a sport game. As SEGA and Nintendo said that it is now Mario and Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games ( マリオ2012年ロンドンソニックAT北京オリンピック [probably like that in Japanese]) and it will include new sports such as horse racing and football (soccer). This game could possibly be the last Sonic game or either Sonic Generations.
I once published a Sonic Show video of the game, when TSS (The Sonic Stadium) thought that it was called “Mario and Sonic at the Cockney Olympic Games” just before the title's announcement.
The Nintendo 3DS version will have 50 sports included, unlike in the Nintendo DS version of Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games (known in Japan as Mario and Sonic at the Beijing Olympics). Sorry, but they'll be no Nintendo DS version of the game and Sonic Generations will possibly be the Nintendo DS Sonic game!
SEGA has now announced “Sonic Generations” and it will be under production by now! This game is going to be the first Sonic game, to feature Spanish voice actors from Sonic X in the Spanish version of that game. Sonic will be played by Junichi Kanemaru in Japanese, Roger Craig Smith in English and Rafael Roig Jr. in the Spanish version in the game. The game will be available for all consoles. It will probably be 2-D on game consoles such as the Nintendo DS and 3-D on consoles like Wii. Nintendo has announced of a console that will succeed the Wii. Perhaps, they will be French, German and Italian voice actors as well who will play the voice for new Sonic game which played the characters in Sonic X (Japan: 2003-2004; Elsewhere 2003-2006). We can either chose the Classic Sonic (designed by Naoto Oshima) and the Modern Sonic (designed by Yuji Uekawa) or any other Sonic character in the series.
- Posts about Sonic Generations
- Dem mainstream guyz cover the big Sonic Generations trailer release from last week, only to note that there’s really nothing to talk about. I like MTV again. [MTV]
- We like Platinum Games. They make not suck games in a country where games have been suck lately. Here’s why the relationship between SEGA and Platinum should continue for years to come. [SEGAbits]
- The soundtracks for Sonic Adventure and Sonic Adventure 2 are slated for re-release this year for Sonic’s 20th. Surely, you have these songs already. I’ll be surprised if you don’t. [SEGA Addicts]
- SEGA became the first company to receive an “M” rating for a Kinect title with Rise of Nightmares in the US/Canada.[Geek]
- Spiral Knights, a free-to-play, MMO dungeon crawler from SEGA has been a silent hit with gamers across the world. It’s such an adorable li’l game. [Nerd Reactor]
- Monster World IV is finally coming to the western world on all your downloadable services. No word on the North American Wii VC release. [SegaFans]
- Royal Wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton announced
- France eyes Libya resolution
Those who are waiting for more Sonic stuff revealed in a teaser trailer yesterday might not need wait any longer, because SEGA of America's Kellie answered an eager fan seeking more via Twitter “we'll have more details about the release date soon”
There are also bad news that they wont be a Sonic Colours on a HD platform as Kellie said “there are currently no plans to bring Sonic Colors to another platform.”