Sonic Lost World has now been announced! The game will be for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. The game is in fact similar to Sonic Colours (2010) and classic Sonic games. New enemies featured in the game are the badniks (animal shaped robots) similar to those from Sonic the Hedgehog 4 (also from 2010). In this game Sonic and Dr. Eggman join forces to defaet 6 guardians. Also the Wisps and Colour Powers from Sonic Colours will return. The game is set in the planet of Lost Hex. Plus Sonic’s friends from classic Sonic games will also return, including Flicky.
According to the screenshots from IGN, it seems that the 3DS versions of Lost World will not be like those of Sonic Rush, Sonic Rush Adventure, the DS version of Sonic Colours or the 3DS of Sonic Generations. The new screenshots and graphics for the 3DS version is completely different from Sonic Rush (2005).
Both versions (according to the screenshots from IGN) will have a mixture of 2D and 3D gameplay.
Also Sonic Lost Worlds will also include (sourced from The Sonic Stadium)
- Levels include ‘Wind Hill’ & ‘Desert Ruins’
- Desert Ruins consists of a Cake, Candy and sweet themed environment.
- Sonic builds up speed slowly, the player decides when he wants to go faster and then with another button decides when he wants to unleash the next level of speed.
- Parkour system, designed to allow players to navigate objects at speed without coming to a dead stop.
- 2 player “support” mode confirmed.
- Sonic is the only playable character (as in classic Sonic games, Sonic 4, Sonic Colours and Sonic Unleashed )
- Tails, Knuckles & Amy appear in the story, they are not playable.
- The planet is called ‘Lost Hex.’
- Rescuing animals will influence various unlockable content.
- Red Rings are back.
- Gold cannons are used to unlock secret/alternative paths.